Brentwood High School Spartan Mascot logoBrentwood High School Hall of Fame masthead


The Brentwood High School Hall of Fame (HOF) was established in the spring of 2000. It is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised primarily of Brentwood alumni, and one ex-officio member, the High School Principal. A commemorative plaque with the names of HOF members is displayed in the annex entrance to the Brentwood Middle/High School. The HOF Induction Banquet and HOF Day at Brentwood High School are biennial events which welcome new alumni as members and also provide an opportunity for these distinguished graduates to interact with current BHS students. In 2005 the Trustees established the Brentwood High School Hall of Fame Scholarship, funded by contributions from members and BHS alumni, which is awarded annually to two senior students who have enrolled in a program of study at the Community College of Allegheny County. Occasionally the HOF facilitates an individual award for presentation, as in the case of the Mr. Magic Scholarship of 2009 funded through the generosity of Class of 1950 member James J. Schaming. In 2012, the Trustees created the Circle of Excellence(COE) Award to recognize former Brentwood educators whose leadership and dedication have resulted in widespread esteem and longstanding appreciation among BHS graduates. Ross Munn was the first COE member, followed by James Alaimo in 2014. Eleanor Berge and Anna Maria Plewa will be welcomed into the COE on October 8, 2016.

That evening will also be the occasion for the inaugural Spirit of Community Awards. The Trustees will recognize the Brentwood Park Initiative and the Duttine-Cavataio Drop the Puck organizations for their contributions and leadership in the Brentwood community.

History | Inductees | Nominate | Fundraising | Events | Newsletter | Gallery | Contact | Home
© 2016 Brentwood High School Hall of Fame